Decorating & Furniture/Decorate bedroom for 12 and 15 year old boys

Question
The boys bedroom has knotty pine walls and a red rug on the floor.  The furniture is maple and the room has a large picture window and a double window.  What color curtains and bedcover should I use with the knotty pine walls and red carpet?

Answer
Hi Alice,
My first thought was Navy blue or a denim type fabric for the curtains and bedcover.  Great for boys!!
Another option is Khaki Tan fabric, this too would look stunning with the red.

I would put a pair of khaki pant on, and try a red shirt and then try a navy or denim shirt.  Which ever one you prefer is the theme for the bedroom.  I know it sounds kind of silly, but you are dressing the room, and this can be compared to dressing ourselves.
Let me know if I can be of more help.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner