Decorating & Furniture/Decorating with Red, Black, and Brown

Question
I am moving into a room that has 3 walls light brown, and 1 accent wall that is dark brown (chocolate).  There is a bed and 2 night stands, all bark brown wood.  None of this can be changed.  I would like to add to the room with my favorite art pieces.  All are Asian, black frames, red mats, asian picture.  Can I work these into the brown room or not?

Answer
Hi Amanda,
You can definitely add your Asian prints to this room.  I'm guessing the mats on some of the prints are more a cream color rather than pure white.  This will definitely work for you.
Additionally, you can add accent pieces in an asian theme to carry the look throughout the room.
Perhaps some red pillows for the bed or even an asian print for the bed coverings.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner