Decorating & Furniture/Decorating with Red, Black, and Brown

I am moving into a room that has 3 walls light brown, and 1 accent wall that is dark brown (chocolate).  There is a bed and 2 night stands, all bark brown wood.  None of this can be changed.  I would like to add to the room with my favorite art pieces.  All are Asian, black frames, red mats, asian picture.  Can I work these into the brown room or not?

Hi Amanda,
You can definitely add your Asian prints to this room.  I'm guessing the mats on some of the prints are more a cream color rather than pure white.  This will definitely work for you.
Additionally, you can add accent pieces in an asian theme to carry the look throughout the room.
Perhaps some red pillows for the bed or even an asian print for the bed coverings.
Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory