Decorating & Furniture/Furniture Color recommendation

We have pearl white color on the walls and ebony colored hardwoord on the floor in our family room. I want to give the room a modern look. What color of furniture do u recommend. Also i am planning to put a sectional, ottomon, side table and possibly a center table. Is that a good choice.

ANSWER: Hi Chandan,
I would go for a chocolate main color in your furniture choices some solid, some with patterns for interest.
I don't know how big your room is, but please make sure you measure carefully as I would hate to see you buy this furniture - especially the sectional, and then not have it fit properly.
I would lean toward more seating options, but that's entirely up to you.
Don't forget lamps for tables and a floor lamp if possible as well.

Thanks for writing, Sandy

QUESTION: Thanks for your awesome reply
When you mean by more seating do you mean getting a regular sofa with loveseat and chair instead of the sectional or add something to the sectional
Also how is black color sectional instead of chocolate which color will look better

Hi Chandan,
Yes, more seating or different seating in the way of a love seat, and over stuffed chair/ottoman combo and maybe a smaller side chair.
Again, it all depends on the size of your room, but more seating options are better, than having guests all line up on a sectional.
Just my opinion of course, so please do what works best for you.

A black color in furniture would be fine.  Will still keep a modern look going for you.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory