Decorating & Furniture/"Help" I need a Decorating expert :)

Good Evening Elizabeth,
I am a first time home buyer ...I recently purchuced a dark burgandy leather sofa and loveseat, I'd like to know which wall color would work well, I can't return it and my husband loves it, no way out :) Please Help, if it can help i have a small living room with a dining room attached not alot of space to play around with.
         Thank you Mauretta

Dear Mauretta,

Thanks for the question! Men do love their leather furniture, don't they?

Actually, you have lot of color options - I think anything in earthy tones would be especially fabulous - I can see a lovely taupe or earthy sage, even a warm butter color. Just reinforce the color scheme with accessories.

Also, keep in mind the colors that exist in your dining room - the rooms should associate very closely.

Congrats on your new home!!

Decorating & Furniture

I am an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist. I can answer questions about furniture selection and placement, color selection and accessory and art placement. I can also answer questions regarding textile selections and window treatments. I specialize in interior redesign - creating fresh interiors out of what you already own.

I been decorating for the past 10 years - for myself, friends and family - and recently established my own firm - Design Intervention - to begin my professional career. To learn more about me, please visit my website at I have been involved in design for a long time - most recently I designed and handcrafted my own line of accessories.

Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS), Association of Design Education (ADE)

The New Hartford Town Crier (May 2008)

I earned my certification as an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist from the School of Interior Redesign, CT.