Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Counters

Pic of counter sample
Pic of counter sample  
Hi Elizabeth,

I am in a dilemma. I am redoing our small (and I mean small kitchen 9x10!) kitchen. I am having a hard time deciding on the countertops. I have included a pic of one of the cabinets on the floor that I will be using in the kitchen with the paint samples and the two counter samples that I really like. Please help me!!!!!!!!!

I will be forever grateful. :)

Hi Tina -

Thanks for the question! I would go for the lighter counter, to keep the small space bright and airy, and the lighter color and the wall. Consider open shelving in place of some of your upper cabinetry as well - that will make the space seem larger as well!

Best of luck!

Decorating & Furniture

I am an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist. I can answer questions about furniture selection and placement, color selection and accessory and art placement. I can also answer questions regarding textile selections and window treatments. I specialize in interior redesign - creating fresh interiors out of what you already own.

I been decorating for the past 10 years - for myself, friends and family - and recently established my own firm - Design Intervention - to begin my professional career. To learn more about me, please visit my website at I have been involved in design for a long time - most recently I designed and handcrafted my own line of accessories.

Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS), Association of Design Education (ADE)

The New Hartford Town Crier (May 2008)

I earned my certification as an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist from the School of Interior Redesign, CT.