Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen Paint

Question
Ok, Here's my problem!  I hope you can help.  I have no clue what color to
paint my kitchen.  I have really no design sense either.  The kitchen open into
our living room which is tan color and has an accent wall that is a dark
cinnamon brown.  The light fixtures and fan as well as the hardware are oil
rubbed bronze colored.  The cabinets are a medium oak color and the floors
are going to be redone this fall in either a very light laminate or a dark
laminate (we haven't decided).  I am not sure even where to start.  I know that
I don't like blues or pinks, but other than that I am open to any suggestions.  
(I also have 2 little boys if that matters at all).  Thank you so much for your
help!!!!!

Answer
Hello Erin -

Thanks for your question!

First of all, don't ever be afraid to use color - paint is the easiest thing to change if you don't like it! Everyone has an innate sense of what looks good, and what doesn't - you just don't trust it!

It sounds like you've got a lot of warm colors going on in that space, so why not go with either a sage-y green or stick with the warm tones and go with a yellow/gold that compliments the cabinets?

And not that you asked, but, I feel it is my duty to tell you that I have a dark laminate in my bedroom and it looks fabulous for the 60 seconds a week it's clean! The dark laminate is SO hard to keep looking clean, it shows every speck of everything!

Best of luck,
Beth  

Decorating & Furniture

ES