Decorating & Furniture/Living Room Colors

We are trying to decorate our living room.  I like cherry wood for tables, our carpeting is light (beige), thinking of painting walls tan (or similar), and would like red accents (throw pillows, etc).  I think green plants would bring out the color.  But I can't figure out what color couch to get.   I would like beige, but that might be too much beige.  I like natural colors (browns, tans, etc).  Any suggestions?

I think a beige couch would be fine Steven.

If you feel that it needs a bit of a lift, you could always add a few cushions, pillows or a throw in a patterned fabric that pulls together the brown, beige and red.  This will not only liven up a plain sofa but will also tie the whole color scheme together.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit