Decorating & Furniture/Living Room Colors

Question
We are trying to decorate our living room.  I like cherry wood for tables, our carpeting is light (beige), thinking of painting walls tan (or similar), and would like red accents (throw pillows, etc).  I think green plants would bring out the color.  But I can't figure out what color couch to get.   I would like beige, but that might be too much beige.  I like natural colors (browns, tans, etc).  Any suggestions?

Answer
I think a beige couch would be fine Steven.

If you feel that it needs a bit of a lift, you could always add a few cushions, pillows or a throw in a patterned fabric that pulls together the brown, beige and red.  This will not only liven up a plain sofa but will also tie the whole color scheme together.

Kind regards

Andrea  

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston