Decorating & Furniture/Living Room furniture advice

We bought new home in last december and want to know if wicker funiture goes good in living room. Since it is cheaper than compared to other furniture want to purchase that. My living room has wall of windows and with light color(off white) carpet. This room faces east and has lots of sunlight. I already have a room size rug with green and off white color. I also have a glass center table with tiles under bottom. Can you help me decide if this setup goes good in living room.

Thank You,

Hi Laxmi

I think wicker furniture can look lovely but it is generally more appropriate in a <a href= target=”new"¯>garden room or conservatory </a> or a sitting room that has occasional rather than every day use.

This is really due to comfort as much as looks though and I think you should go ahead if this is what you want to do but bear in mind that you will need to buy extra cushions, pillows and throws to make it comfortable enough for relaxing in front of the TV or sitting for long periods of time.  

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit