Decorating & Furniture/Long living room

living room sketch
living room sketch  
Hi Sandy.  I have an older home with a long narrow living room.  It has a fireplace at one end and doorways to the kitchen at both ends.  It has a large window and a sliding glass door on to wall opposite of the kitchen doorway wall.  I have an oversized sofa and loveseat and a large wall unit which houses the tv.  Can you please help me with a floorplan for arranging  the furniture in this long room?

Hi Summer,
I would break up the seating arrangement into a minimum of 2 areas maybe 3 depending on the dimensions of your room.
One seating/conversation area around the fireplace and the a second grouping using the loveseat and by adding a couple of other chairs from around your home for this area.  Thanks for the sketch of your room, that was very helpful for visualization purposes.
You can go to my website to view a room that I redesigned for this very purpose.
It was a long room and I divided it up into 3 areas.
Thanks for writing.

View the photos page, thanks.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory