Decorating & Furniture/Paint Color

Our basement is a finished family room.  Its a large room 20 x 20.  There are 3 glass block windows that will need curtains or covering.  One of the room has a pool table and computer center, the other half has a poker table, couch, loveseat and large screen tv.  This is my husbands room and right now it is paneled in a light birch/oak colored paneling, which is in good shape and I have no problem leaving it if you suggest it.  The ceiling is a white drop ceiling.  The trim is painted a beige color, which I think looks pinkish beige.  The carpet is an indoor outdoor commercial no pile gray/blue which is in good shape.  There is also a bathroom with shower stall for him, which I would also like to paint.  I want to make the room warmer, richer for my hubby.  Your paint/decorating suggestions would be most appreciated and I would be happy to send photos if you like.

Hi Tracey,
If you like the light birch/oak paneling - don't paint over it.  Of course it's your ultimate decision, but if something appeals to you, is in good shape etc...I wouldn't change it.
If you would like a warmer color for the trim, perhaps you could go with a couple of options.
Sherwin Williams:
SW 2823 Rockwood Clay
SW 0043 Peristyle Brass
You would have to see which of these colors looks best with the paneling color - but it will take the pinkish color out of the room.
As far as the bathroom - a nice warm color is Ruksin Room Green - SW 0042 or SW 2860 Sage.
I hope these ideas help.
Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory