Decorating & Furniture/Using two different leather colors for living room furniture

Question
My sofa is dark brown (reddish undertones). can I use a light tan or yellow leather for the two recliners I plan to get?

Answer
Dear Donna,

Thanks for the question. There may be people who disagree, but I would probably go with a fabric of some kind for the recliners, unless the leathers are drastically different in texture. I also believe that the contrast in texture between fabric and leather with keep the room vibrant and make it feel warmer.

Best of luck,
Beth

Decorating & Furniture

ES