Decorating & Furniture/bedroom madness

Hi, I recently moved into a new townhome. This is my first home. I went on a shopping spree and bought up all his new furniture and got it in my house before I realized it didnt really fit what I wanted. Needless to say the return policies dont allow me to return any of it at this point. The room I am most annoyed with is the bedroom suit. I got a very dark wood leather back headboard and matching dresser. The carpet is light beige and walls are the same color. I thought painting the walls would help. So I tried out, but nothing looked right. Can you give me any suggestions? Thank you

Hi Valerie,
I would choose to paint the walls either a blue or green color. Here are some images that may inspire you. If you would like further assistance please send images to

Blue Bedrooms with Dark Wood Furniture

Green Bedrooms with Dark Wood Furniture

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book