Decorating & Furniture/black leather seats

I want to redecorate my living room.I've got black leather seats,a blue center piece and my walls are beige, what color of curtains and throw pillows  should I get.I want a modern look and won't mind changing my centrepiece.any additional ideas.I don't have a picture of my living room.

Hello Ekene -

Thanks for the question. Do you mean a blue floral centerpiece? If you enjoy blue, I would use that as your accent color - as in your throw pillows - you could go with a print that incorporated blue, and then pull out another color as an accent. So, if you had a green and blue print, add a solid blue and green that coordinate.

I would recommend a deep taupe for the curtains and black curtain rods to pick up the black furniture.

Best of luck,

Decorating & Furniture

I am an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist. I can answer questions about furniture selection and placement, color selection and accessory and art placement. I can also answer questions regarding textile selections and window treatments. I specialize in interior redesign - creating fresh interiors out of what you already own.

I been decorating for the past 10 years - for myself, friends and family - and recently established my own firm - Design Intervention - to begin my professional career. To learn more about me, please visit my website at I have been involved in design for a long time - most recently I designed and handcrafted my own line of accessories.

Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS), Association of Design Education (ADE)

The New Hartford Town Crier (May 2008)

I earned my certification as an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist from the School of Interior Redesign, CT.