Decorating & Furniture/curtain match

I have a black couch set w/ chrome legs. I want to give the room a cool feeling. What curtain suggestions do you have for this to happen. I was thinking blue but didn't know which tone. Can you please help?

Hi Raymond,
Its hard to say without seeing your space. Keep in mind its nice to create some contrast between the wall color and the window treatment. If you want the space to feel lighter than go with a subdued light blue color and if you want the space to feel darker than go with a medium toned blue almost gray color. If you want you can send an image to and I can take a look at it and give you a better answer. Hope this helps.

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book