Decorating & Furniture/door/trim color going into different rooms

Question
We are redoing a basement. We are planning a wood-look vinyl planking in the main room with pale green walls and stained trim and doors. The problem is this: There is an adjoining bathroom that I wanted to do in a lighter shade of green with white beadboard 4' up and a white medicine cabinet. What do I do with the door and jamb? Also, the exterior door would be white on the outside to match the rest of the exterior house trim. Again, how would that work when the interior trim is stained? Is this impossible? Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Lee-Lee,
I personally would not stain your trim and doors but have it painted all white. If you really want stained trim then I would follow this advice:
For the bathroom I would keep the white beadboard and medicine cabinet but continue the stained trim and door from the adjacent room into the bathroom. So keep the door all stained and the trim all stained. For the exterior door I think it will be fine if its all white because it is an entry door and stands on its own. Hope this helps and good luck.

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer
http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID