Decorating & Furniture/family room/kitchen/foyer

Question
My family room overlaps into my kitchen and I want to know how to seperate the two with either a different color paint or border wallpaper.
I also want to know how to incorporate that with the foyer area in regards to certain color paint to try and bring all of it together

Answer
Hi Kecia,
I would try to keep the kitchen and family room in the same color if the two rooms share a wall without any kind of architecural break.
I don't think you would want to start a border in the middle of a wall to break up two rooms.  I don't believe you'd get the look you are going for.
I would then use a complimentary color in the foyer area, thereby giving your eyes a rest and a will create a beautiful flow throughout the home.

I would try to decorate the family room and kitchen with different accessories and upholstery fabrics to break up the rooms.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner