Decorating & Furniture/flooring

Not sure if you can help me with this, but we have maple floors that are 2 1/4 in our entry way, kitchen, and a hallway. They are new floors put in by our builder.  We want to put wood in our living room (which is open to the kitchen), and our dining room and front room (which can be seen from the entry), but we do not want to use the same maple wood.  We want to get wider planks and a couple shades deeper of a color.  Would this be strange? We dont want to have a problem reselling if this would look odd.

Hi Sandy,
I would say you can definitely work in the different wood, provided you put it on an angle other than your current wood.
If you have a contractor doing the work for you, they will know what I mean.  I think it will look nice, and add additional interest.
Also, if you do decide to sell your home, and the prospective buyers don't like the wood, they can always carpet over it.

Go for it, and enjoy.
Great question.
Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory