Decorating & Furniture/furniture

I think I may have just made a bad decision in some dining room furniture I bought.  It a Portuguese Mahoghony which looks like a wood cherry color. I love the style and it looks modern.  The problem is that my dining room and living room are open areas.  I have a olive green suede coach and love seat, but the end tables and coffee table are oak, but the style is more modern. I didn't really think about, but now I am worried that the woods should not have been mixed, but they are different rooms, but an
open area where both are seen.  Please let me know.  Furniture has not been delivered yet.

Hi Lois,
The mix of woods is fine.  In many cases having a mix of woods is far more interesting than having everything match.  It's more pleasing to the eye.
I would say you are on the right track.  You like what you have chosen, and they are both in the same modern style.
Great job choosing your furniture.
Thanks for checking in.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory