Decorating & Furniture/furniture

Question
I think I may have just made a bad decision in some dining room furniture I bought.  It a Portuguese Mahoghony which looks like a wood cherry color. I love the style and it looks modern.  The problem is that my dining room and living room are open areas.  I have a olive green suede coach and love seat, but the end tables and coffee table are oak, but the style is more modern. I didn't really think about, but now I am worried that the woods should not have been mixed, but they are different rooms, but an
open area where both are seen.  Please let me know.  Furniture has not been delivered yet.

Answer
Hi Lois,
The mix of woods is fine.  In many cases having a mix of woods is far more interesting than having everything match.  It's more pleasing to the eye.
I would say you are on the right track.  You like what you have chosen, and they are both in the same modern style.
Great job choosing your furniture.
Thanks for checking in.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner