Decorating & Furniture/large area matching furniture

Question
My wife and I are currently looking at purchasing area rugs for our connecting living room and dining area. The lounge and dining table are chocolate. We are wondering what color area rugs to purchase that will match but not overwhelm the room. Should we go with browns and tan or something different altogether. Thank you in this matter.

Answer
Hi James,
I like to create contrast between the dining table and the rug so I would consider a medium to light toned rug. I will need more information  from you before I can give you a color suggestion. What type and color is your flooring? What color are your walls? What color is your furniture. Please send an image to rachelmallon@gmail.com if at all possible for the best possible answer. Thank you.

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer
http://www.roominabook.com

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID