Decorating & Furniture/large area matching furniture

My wife and I are currently looking at purchasing area rugs for our connecting living room and dining area. The lounge and dining table are chocolate. We are wondering what color area rugs to purchase that will match but not overwhelm the room. Should we go with browns and tan or something different altogether. Thank you in this matter.

Hi James,
I like to create contrast between the dining table and the rug so I would consider a medium to light toned rug. I will need more information  from you before I can give you a color suggestion. What type and color is your flooring? What color are your walls? What color is your furniture. Please send an image to if at all possible for the best possible answer. Thank you.

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book