Decorating & Furniture/living room sofa color

Question
Hi, we recently moved into a house that has light gray carpet and newly painted dark gray walls with white trim.  We love the look, but don't know what color sofa to go with.  It's a good sized room with lots of natural light (Large eastern and southern exposure windows) It's hard to find a sofa that works with gray.  Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Answer
Hi Jennifer,
If you like leather furniture and a modern look, then a black or white leather couch is the way to go.
If you prefer fabric, then you have a lot of options.  Yellows, blues and reds will look great with the grey.  I would tend to stay away from greens, as sometimes green competes with grey.
By the way, the fabric can be a pattern.  No need to go to a solid if you like patterns.
Good luck.
Thanks, Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner