Decorating & Furniture/living room sofa color

Hi, we recently moved into a house that has light gray carpet and newly painted dark gray walls with white trim.  We love the look, but don't know what color sofa to go with.  It's a good sized room with lots of natural light (Large eastern and southern exposure windows) It's hard to find a sofa that works with gray.  Any suggestions?

Hi Jennifer,
If you like leather furniture and a modern look, then a black or white leather couch is the way to go.
If you prefer fabric, then you have a lot of options.  Yellows, blues and reds will look great with the grey.  I would tend to stay away from greens, as sometimes green competes with grey.
By the way, the fabric can be a pattern.  No need to go to a solid if you like patterns.
Good luck.
Thanks, Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory