Decorating & Furniture/paint color

I have a fairly open floor plan.  My family room and kitchen blend into one another, painted with Behr's rejuvenate in the family room and above the chair rail in the kitchen.  Below, the chair rail is painted a very soft yellow, but I am rethinking that now.  Have out dated dark oak cabinets and a light tan with brown speckled Corian counter top.  How can I make this kitchen come together with out breaking the bank?
Also, color suggestions for hallway, living room and dining room which will go well with the rejuvenate, as all can be seen from some where in the house.

Hi Carole,
How about paint the lower part of the chair rail in a great tan color such as Sherwin Williams #SW6117 called Smokey Topaz.  Now I don't know the tan that is in your countertop, so the tan color will really be driven from that.
Additionally, you could paint your cabinets to match the chair rail.  Perhaps it's a warm cream color?   One other idea is to purchase new hardware for the cabinets to give them an updated look.

Regarding the hallway, living room and dining room - I'm thinking some colors such as Sherwin Williams - Decorous Amber # SW0007 and perhaps Totally Tan #6115.
Again depending on the countertop, the color Totally Tan may work better in the kitchen on the lower chair rail part, and perhaps the Smokey Topaz in the hallway or livingroom.

Thanks for writing,
Please don't hesitate to send a follow up question if you need too.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory