Decorating & Furniture/paint colors

Question
QUESTION: I am purchasing a new home and need to re-paint several rooms (present owners love bright colors and I prefer earth-tones/neutrals).
However, the present deep gold paint color in the familyroom/kitchen is nice ....trying to decide on a lighter neutral paint color in the formal living, dining room and foyer to flow with this gold color.  I'm really leaning towards some various shades of grey----do you think this would compliment a deep gold paint color?
any other color suggestions for these areas as a compliment?
These rooms are approx. 11X12 sq. feet each

ANSWER: Hi Gwen,
I'm thinking about the grey color and currently looking through my fan deck of paint colors.  While grey is a nice color - it's cold next to the warmth of the gold.  Again, I'm just looking through colors and putting them next to each other as I type.

What about a warmer color in a green - Two options I am look at have a grey hue to them, but are definitely in the green range.
Sherwin Williams - SW6176 or SW6177.
You can go onto the Sherwin Williams site to look at those colors.
One other option would be in the blue family - if you didn't care for green.  The blue I'm looking at is a stronger blue, but would look nice with the gold - Sherwin Williams SW6528 Cosmos

Good Luck,
Sandy

QUESTION: Thanks-I'm not a fan of either green or blue---so hopefully I can find a shade that will work

Answer
Hi Gwen,
Sounds like the grey you were originally thinking of might be the right choice for you.
Take a look at Sherwin Williams SW0023 - Pewter Tankard
If you like there is always Sherwin Williams SW001 Mulberry Silk
Both of these look very nice next to the shade of Gold I am looking at.
It's called SW0012 Empire Gold.

Thanks, hope some of these suggestions work for you.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner