Decorating & Furniture/picture placement question

Question
Hello.  I have recently started filling up a large wall space along my stairway with a variety of family photos, using the same frame, of varying sizes.  I got this idea from the TV show "Brothers & Sisters" and also saw it featured in a Pottery Barn catalog and love the idea.  I have a cathedral ceiling entryway which leads directly upstairs, so that there is a wall on both sides of the stairway.  We have a railing on the left and wainscotting on the right.  I decided to put the frames on the right side with the railing, and it looks great.  I'm debating whether to put more pictures on the left side also, but would that be too busy and take away from the wainscotting? I wish when we built the house, we left an open side of the stairway, so then I wouldn't have this dilemna but it's too late now.  Thank you for your help!

Answer
Hello Sarah,

Thanks for the question. Don't you love the house in Brothers and Sisters?

I think your instincts are correct, pictures on both sides would be a bit busy. The way you're doing it now sounds lovely!

You've got a great decorating sense - trust it!

Best of luck,
beth

Decorating & Furniture

ES