Decorating & Furniture/wall colour

Hi there,
I have a small bedroom, which has a light/medium apricot carpet.
At the moment the walls are light grey which dosent suit it I feel.
Could you please suggest curtain and wall colours to suit.
Thank you

Hi Sharon
Have a look at the color wheel here and find the color of your carpet - I am guessing it is something like the 4th one in from the edge on E2.  Look for its exact opposite - the 4th one in from the edge on E1 and you will have a lovely shade of blue which will complement your carpet beautifully.

Tie it all together with a patterned fabric like this  for the curtains which brings both of the colors together.

Kind regards

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit