Decorating & Furniture/Cathedral Ceiling

Question
I am going to be painting our kitchen which has a cathedral ceiling and two rustic beams about 10' up. (not crazy about them, but stuck so I'm hoping that whatever color I paint them blends into the ceiling so they aren't so obvious). The walls, cabinets, wood slated window covers and beams are all currently painted a beige color (boring!).  I'm looking for a light yellow paint color to work with the floors tiles.  They are a hazy medium grey.   Have any suggestion for the color for the walls, wood window slats, cabinets and ceiling?  The appliances are cream now, but will be replacing them with either stainless or black in the near future.  Also, I plan to put up a stainless steel tile back splash alternating the tile direction.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Deb,

If you paint the beams, they will visually disappear.  You may want to paint them the same color as the ceiling (probably white) to make sure they visually recede.  

I have 3 different yellows for you to review.  These are all Behr Paints, available from Home Depot.  Color swatches are of course available in the store.

Eggnog 320A-1; Vanilla Milkshake 350A-2; and Pina Colada 390A-2.  I hope one of these works well for you.

Jenny

PS:  You may be able to see these color samples online at Behr.com, but getting swatch cards are the best way to view them with your flooring tile.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik