Decorating & Furniture/Colours

Hi Jenny, I wonder if you could give me some ideas on what colour i should pain walls please.
The carpet will be green, not too dark a green, the setee and chairs will probably be a fawn/beige colour. I have no idea about the curtains, perhaps the same as the carpet??????

With medium to light green carpet, the entire world of color is available to you.  I'd suggest that you select your favorite color for the walls, particularly since your furniture is neutral.  Once you decide on the right wall color, select a drapery fabric that combines all of the colors in the room in either a floral or striped pattern.  

Colors that go especially well with green are yellows, beiges like wheat, honey shades, nutmeg, cinnamon, lilac and pink.  In this case I would not make your wall color darker in color hue than the carpet.  So, if your carpet is a light green, opt for a light shade for the wall.  If you carpet is medium green, you can make your wall color darker.  

Keep in mind also that you can always paint the walls the same shade of green as your carpet, keeping your wood trims and moldings white.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology