Decorating & Furniture/Decorating Living room

I have dark green carpet and burgundy furniture. What colors would be the best schemes for my window treatments? It is an extremely big window too so it would be a major focal point in the room.

I always like to include all my room colors in draperies.  If you can't find ready-made, then opt for a look in the local fabric store.  Combining colors from wall, floor, furnishings makes a great statement and gives a very coordinated, but not fussy look.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology