Decorating & Furniture/ENTRANCE DOOR COLOR

I read somewhere years ago that the color of your entrance door should contrast with the color of your window shutters so that the door stands out to welcome guests.  What is the current thinking?  Around here, almost everyone paints the door and shutters the same color.  Confused in Richmond

Builders paint the door and shutters the same color.  Savvy home owners paint their door in a totally different (but compatible or blending) color.

When you accent your entry way, it typically grounds the exterior of your home.  It's still a great way to add some instant curb appeal.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology