Decorating & Furniture/Help Please I'm Lost

Question
I'm moving into a new apartment and I'm allowed to paint the rooms any color I want, but I have one problem the apartment is a open floor plan and when you walk in your in the living room and the ceilings are 18 ft high and the living room is open into the kitchen with a countertop has the divider, then the kitchen flows into the loft .I want to be able to define the spaces and put some color on these boring white walls. but I don't want it to look stupid. I'm in a runt and I hope you can e-mail me back with some design ideas. Thank you So Much!!

Answer
Just use your favorite color(s) for the  walls.  While the floor plan is open, you can start and stop paint color at the corner of a wall.  

Since it's an apartment, I'd probably choose 2 colors and go with those.  When you choose your colors, make sure the paint is the same "hue" or "strength".  Don't go with a very dark and a very light.  That causes too much contrast.

Take a color cue from your closet.  If you tend to buy a lot of green, you may want to use that color for your walls.  If you wear a lot of blue, then paint the walls blue.  Remember, it's only paint.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik