Decorating & Furniture/Kitchen paint color

Question
My kitchen cabinets are pure white, I have new Verdi Butterfly green granite countertops, creamy white tumbled marble back splash and diagonallly laid tile floor in a two-tone pattern, one tile is off white and the other a dark brick red.  I painted the walls above the cabinets green--which looks like lime green now.  I painted the only solid wall in the breakfast room a dark brick red as an accent. We hate the green walls but are not sure what color to paint the kitchen and the breakfast room wall.  The 2 rooms go together.We think we've made a mess. The only thing we can change is the wall colors--HELP what should we do?  The kitchen area is 9x15 and the brk room is 10x10.  Thanks so much for your help.

Answer
Either select a more calming color of green (like a soft sage or celery) and repaint in the green, or add the brick red above the cabinets.  

I think if you pull the red from the breakfast nook into the kitchen you'll be happiest.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik