Decorating & Furniture/Mustard Yellow Egypt Pyramid color on walls

What furniture do you suggest to compliment mustard colored walls kind of the Egypt Pyramid color, for my new apartment. This is this color of the entire apartment throughout.  I am moving to a brownstone and it has a Mediterranean feel to it with a big window that is complimentary to the living room space. I want color and boldness yet a little contemporary too.  But I am getting stuck with bringing out the best with this mustard color.  I like many colors but like the feeling of airiness and flow.  I have a silk bronze sofa that has a little french feel about it and good architectural shape, but i am thinking of changing the fabric on it to something more bold in color, it is getting lost with the mustard yellow. What do you suggest?

If you want to go bold against the mustard yellow, consider a bright "blue red" sofa.  When it comes to reds, they range from orange red to blue red.  The orange red is too much the same - the blue red will create just the right amount of contrast.  The other suggestion is chocolate brown, but that's not a bold statement, that's a more demure approach.  

Contemporary implies clean lines, so keep that in mind as you add furniture pieces.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology