Decorating & Furniture/Mustard Yellow Egypt Pyramid color on walls

Question
What furniture do you suggest to compliment mustard colored walls kind of the Egypt Pyramid color, for my new apartment. This is this color of the entire apartment throughout.  I am moving to a brownstone and it has a Mediterranean feel to it with a big window that is complimentary to the living room space. I want color and boldness yet a little contemporary too.  But I am getting stuck with bringing out the best with this mustard color.  I like many colors but like the feeling of airiness and flow.  I have a silk bronze sofa that has a little french feel about it and good architectural shape, but i am thinking of changing the fabric on it to something more bold in color, it is getting lost with the mustard yellow. What do you suggest?

Answer
If you want to go bold against the mustard yellow, consider a bright "blue red" sofa.  When it comes to reds, they range from orange red to blue red.  The orange red is too much the same - the blue red will create just the right amount of contrast.  The other suggestion is chocolate brown, but that's not a bold statement, that's a more demure approach.  

Contemporary implies clean lines, so keep that in mind as you add furniture pieces.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik