Decorating & Furniture/Paint Color

Question

Iím set to move into a condo but I need help with choosing paint color for the master bedroom.  The unit resides on the bottom floor.  There is low natural light coming into the master bedroom.  The furniture is dark brown with silver handle trims, the new carpet is beige.  I do not want the room to look like a dungeon.  Any suggestions on paint color for the clueless macho male?  On another note, my daughterís room has a lot of light coming into the room, the furniture is white, and the carpet is beige.  She doesnít want her pink.  Any suggestions there?

Answer
For your bedroom, consider a pale slate blue.  It will work very well with your furniture and be light enough to reflect the light you have coming into the room.  

For your daughter, ask her how she feels about a nice shade of violet?  Not as dark as purple and not as pale as lilac, but in between.  If she likes the idea of that color, take her to the home improvement center or paint store to look at samples.  Since the furniture is white, the walls need to be rich enough to contrast the white.  

Thanks for writing.  Good luck on your paint projects.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik