Decorating & Furniture/Are these colors/patterns OK?

We have the following colors/patterns in our living room and I'm wondering if it's too many colors/patterns.  The couch and loveseat are brown/burnt orange (two sets of pillows - one is dark brown with white/tan lines, the other has a sewn floral design and includes the following colors: cream/taupe, brown , and dark brown), the coffee table is dark brown, the area rug is cream with a large geometric border that includes the following colors: brown, dark brown, olive, light blue, and dark salmon; the end tables are a bright pumpkin color with glass tops; and finally, there are two white paper floor lamps.

From the colors you've provided, it appears they're all compatible because they are all in the warm browns.  The light blue and olive colors are a good mix with the brown tones, and some variety is always good.

Only you can answer if it's too much or just enough!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology