Decorating & Furniture/colour scheme

i have just bought a red 4 seater and 2 seater leather sofa. i am i a bit of bother as to what color to use on the walls currently they are off white the ceilings are 9ft height and its a really nice bright room what color could i go for in relation to drapes and walls and soft furnishings?

My first color recommendation would have to be a soft sage green for the wall color.  Secondarily, a warm pale yellow would be great with the red as well.  Add some contrast with draperies by incorporating your wall color, your floor color and the red from the furniture in a pattern.  

With leather, the room will benefit from some texture.  You could add some wooden blinds (with the drapery treatment).  

I'd most likely add a dark brown (or black) chair in a microfiber to the mix as well.  Pull all your colors together with accessories.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology