Decorating & Furniture/curtains

Question
QUESTION: I need help with window treatments on french doors and a window that are side by side.  They are on a wall painted gold (Valspar Amber Sienna) in our family room.  The surrounding walls are also gold, but the opposite wall is painted Valspar Faded Clay.  The furniture in the room has gold, burgandy, beige, dark green and sage.
I think I'd like to put panels on the french doors, but am not sure of the color, and don't know what to put on the window. What would you recommend?
Thanks for your help!

ANSWER: Hi Lisa Jo,
The first color that came to mind is the sage color you mentioned.
It would be a soft enough color and yet still compliment all the other great colors you have going on in the room.
Regarding the type of window treatment for the window next to the french doors - without seeing a picture of how big etc...my first thought was a fabric roman shade.  Of course that would depend on the dimensions, but a roman shade is always a good option.
Thanks,
Sandy

QUESTION: The advise for the living room was perfect, it looks so good!  Thanks!  I have another question, this time about a bathroom.  I've painted it a bright yellow, Valspar Bright Amber, and am searching for a shower curtain. I've tried a few but haven't found the right color. Any suggestions? The shower curtain is really the first thing you see when you walk in the room. Thanks so much!

Answer
Hi Lisa Jo,
Glad to have been a help on your family room.

Regarding your shower curtain color - I would pick a patterned shower curtain instead of a solid and try to compliment (not match) the Bright Amber paint color.
Take a swatch of the paint to the store when you are thinking of purchasing the shower curtain. You can then compare right in the store without making a mistake.
If a pattern doesn't appeal to you, then you could always go with a chocolate brown or a beautiful blue solid.
Hope this helps.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner