Decorating & Furniture/paint question

Question

Hi Sandy,
I live in a colonial house.  Due to mold on the walls, I have to paint my dining room. All the rooms are painted linen white with white trims except for the dining room.  The previous owner painted it what looks to be a faux finish  I will paint myself and therefore I will not do another faux job.
The dining room is small, about 14 x 14.  There is a window on the east wall and a picture window on the north wall (the room is not very light). The floors in the whole house are oak wood - naturally stained -medium gold/brown.  The dining room has a chair rail.  It also has 2 dark brown bookcases and a dark brown breakfront.  The dining room table is dark brown and so are the chairs.    The chair seats are a medium to dark blue/brown tweed.  There is an area rug that is blue/tan and off-white.
I need help in deciding what colors to paint the room.  It is small so I would like it to look bigger and lighter.  I was told to use Behr paint because of the mold problem.
Thank you so much.
Jackie  

Answer
Hi Jackie,
I can advise on the color of the room, but not necessarily the type of paint to help with the mold situation.
You may have to pose that question to the contractor/painter professionals in this site.  I'm certain they would be able to guide you accordingly.

So, let's talk color.  I'm envisioning a beautiful warm gold color paint for your dining room.  This will compliment the colonial style of your home and work beautifully with the blues/tans/offwhites in the room.
I would use two complimentary colors.  The darkest of the two on the lower portion below the chair rail and the lighter color above the chair rail.
Here are my suggestions:
Sherwin Williams:
Below the chair rail: SW6388 Golden Fleece
Above the chair rail: SW6386 Napery

If you do go with Behr paint, I'm certain they can do a color match if you like these colors.  
Good luck with your project.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner