Decorating & Furniture/Just painted but old couch fabric doesn't match

Hi! I just painted me living room and dining roo a fabulous golden/yellow/wheat color (opposing walls only, left the other ones a brilliant white).Problem....I have to keep my deceased moms chaise lounge which is a raspberry color and looks incredible, BUT my old couches are a 1990 beige, teal, pink, mauve floral pattern...YUCK! What could I recover them with temporarily that would accent/highlight my new color?

Hi Lori,

Visit and look at the amazing slipcovers that are available from them.  They'll even send you color swatches so that you can check out the actual fabric and color.  

Sure Fit is a long-standing reputable company that will accept returns, they have a quality product and the instructions that accompany the slipcovers are easy to read and understand.  More importantly, the slipcovers do not look like the old "throws" of the 70's.  They are fitted, some are stretch, and virtually any piece of furniture has a cover from Sure Fit, even recliners.

PS:  Most all of their covers are machine washable and dry easily and perfectly in a home dryer.  

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology