Decorating & Furniture/painting my living room/vaulted ceiling

I can "finally" afford to repaint my living room which has one adjoining wall/living room & dining room (this wall is large-vaulted -the other side of the room is short and can I make the most of the vaulted wall? what paint colors...for the wall and ceiling? do i use an accent wall or paint all the walls the same color??

Hello Deidra,
Let's talk about the vaulted wall first and it's possibilities.
If you like the wall and the architecture, then by all means you can make it an accent wall.  If the fact that it is large and different than the other wall, then making it an accent wall will only make it that much more pronounced.

I'm going to go down the road of you liking the vaulted wall, and suggesting an accent color that would compliment the rest of the walls.  That being said as I don't know your color scheme of furniture and such, I am going to provide some great colors - but know that these are only my opinion on what looks nice together and are neutrals as I don't know all the variables of your color scheme.

There is a beautiful color call Baguette from Sherwin Williams #SW6123.  This would be for all walls excluding the accent wall.
I would then paint the accent wall one of the two following colors.  Both are beautiful and work well with the color Baguette.
Smokey Topaz #SW6117 or Decorous Amber #SW0007
I hope this helps, good luck with a fun project.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory