Decorating & Furniture/painting for screened in porch - color combs

Question
Jenny,
We are re-doing a screened porch.  The floor is painted a tan to match the brick and siding on the home.  The support posts and screen supports are to be painted white.  I would like to paint the ceiling of the screened porch a lovely teal/bright turquoise....what color would go on the white swing and white wicker furniture better - a yellow or red cushion and same for accessories, red or yellow?

THANKS,
Shirley Cherry

Answer
Shirley, Why stop with one accent color?  I'd opt for both red and yellow.  Maybe use the red as a seat cushion, then add both red and yellow accessories.  It will be fabulous.  You may want to add a touch of chocolate brown into the mix as well.  It's a nice "grounding" color.

Jenny

PS:  You don't have to use the red/yellow as just solids either.  Consider doing some of the cushions in a patterned fabric.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik