Decorating & Furniture/painting for screened in porch - color combs

We are re-doing a screened porch.  The floor is painted a tan to match the brick and siding on the home.  The support posts and screen supports are to be painted white.  I would like to paint the ceiling of the screened porch a lovely teal/bright turquoise....what color would go on the white swing and white wicker furniture better - a yellow or red cushion and same for accessories, red or yellow?

Shirley Cherry

Shirley, Why stop with one accent color?  I'd opt for both red and yellow.  Maybe use the red as a seat cushion, then add both red and yellow accessories.  It will be fabulous.  You may want to add a touch of chocolate brown into the mix as well.  It's a nice "grounding" color.

PS:  You don't have to use the red/yellow as just solids either.  Consider doing some of the cushions in a patterned fabric.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology