Decorating & Furniture/Decorating - DESPARATELY SEEKING HELP

Question
I am so CONFUSED.  I just got a new home and the carpet is a mocha/light brown throughout.  I have black leather couches.  I have no idea how to make that work.  I am open to any color scheme.  I don't want pale white walls because I have a young child.  I would also like suggestions on my bedroom.  I have light cream colored wood furniture.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

Answer
I Tamara,
I would paint the walls a complimentary light tan/mocha color - not a matching color, but something in the brownish tan family that compliments.
I would go to the paint store and pick out the tan colors you like - grab a few.  Then bring them home an put them against your carpet.
Sometimes, mocha's can take on a pinkish hue, so you need to make sure the tan for the walls works.
Another option would be a light teal color for the walls.  It depends how much color you want in the room.
If teal is too strong of a color, you may want to look at some yellow tones.

Regarding your bedroom, sounds like the options are wide open.
If you have the same carpeting, the light wood furniture doesn't have to dictate your color scheme.  It will work perfectly with whatever you choose.
Pretty much the same goes for your living room, although with the strong black color in the couches, you may want some brighter color on the walls.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner