Decorating & Furniture/New Brazilian Cherry Flooring

Question
Thanks for taking the time to answer this question!  I just put in pergo brazilian cherry flooring in my formal living and dining room.  I am in love with the floors, unfortunetly, my furniture is very heavy mahagony that really clashes with the floor.  I am looking for a China hutch and table to replace but not sure what would look best with the floor.

Answer
Hi Kathryn,
I would have thought the mahagony would look very nice with the floor.
Maybe it's too much of a dark mixture?
If you want to lighten things up, I would chose something in a warm honey oak color.  This will compliment the floor and not take away from it's beauty.
Thanks for writing.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner