Decorating & Furniture/Paint Color

We are in the process of moving into a new home. We decided to have all walls painted to start fresh, due to having to paint anyway due to the filth of the present walls. Our family room furniture is an olive color with a suede feel. We have the sofa and loveseat. The coordinating lamp base are khaki brown with olive diamond accent in the middle. Our side tables and ent. center is mahogony. My question is what color should we paint the walls. We were considering a tan color and find toss pillows with black,orange,green,red,and tan colors. The kitchen is open to the family room with black and tiny greyish speckled granite countertops. Stainless steel appliances with light cherry cabinets. We want the two rooms to flow, but unsure what colors would work in the family room and kitchen area. Our kitchen table is black wrought iron with khaki cloth seats. Help us please.

Hi Latasha,
I think you are very smart to paint first before moving in...
I have two colors in mind that I think is exactly what you are looking for.
They are Sherwin Williams colors:
Baguette SW6123
Smokey Topaz SW6117

Both are beautiful tan colors with rich undertones that will compliment your furniture perfectly.

Good Luck with your project and thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory