Decorating & Furniture/Stainless Steel Countertops

Question
What are some good ways to decorate a kitchen with stainless steel countertops and very basic industrial looking cabinets (we live on a military installation)?  I have a lot of wine decor and was thinking of using that and those type of colors (burgundy for example)...?  Help!  It looks like a scout camp kitchen!  LOL

Thank you,

Michelle

Answer
Hi Michelle, your description made me laugh.
I can picture it perfectly.
I like the idea of the wine decor and the burgandy/merlot colors.
I'd stay away from anything green for the color scheme. (smile)

Perhaps with the wine decor, you could add some "grape vine" on top of the cabinets?  You can buy it at a local craft store.
I can also envision beautiful trivets or placements in your kitchen with this same wine decor.
Another idea is using old wine bottles (pretty ones of course) as vases and placing flowers in them (fresh or silk) to add some beauty.
What about putting some used corks in a clear vessel and adding some silk flowers or let it stand by itself.
Lastly, if you have a mixer or blender on the counter, you can purchase or make the covers for them in either a solid or a wine patterned fabric/
Thanks for writing.
I'd love to see the finished product.  Feel free to send a picture when you are done.
Take care,
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner