Decorating & Furniture/How to make country look more modern

Question
I have white furniture with light wood top and light wood knobs. I dont like the country look but I already have the furniture in my master bedroom. Is there any way I can make it look more modern or contemporary? thank you, Mary

Answer
Hi Mary,
You can definitely change the knobs on the furniture to perhaps a brushed nickle/satin.

You can then use artwork and accessories to make it look more contemporary.
Use frames for the artwork that are simple in nature, and darker tones.
Throw pillows can be placed on the bed - and there are some beautiful faux silks out there for the pillows so that the cost won't be so bad.
I hope this gives you a starting point.
Thanks. Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner