Decorating & Furniture/using my california king mattress/boxsprings

I am redecorating my bedroom and looking to purchase a new bed.  I have a california king size mattress and boxspring, but I notice that there aren't many choices in beds in this size (most are simply "king").  Can I use my existing mattress on a king size bed or must I find something marked "california king?"  I'm also considering looking around for some old metal gates to mount on my wall and then simply pushing my bed frame up to it.  What do you think?

Hi Donda, I believe you do have to look for "California King" rather than just King.  If you have JC Penney catalog or you can go on line, you might be able to find a selection there.  Perhaps is an option too for your shopping needs.
I have a link to them through my website if you want to check that out.
Regarding old metal gates on your wall.  It's a great look, but they are extremely heavy to hang.  If you want that look, but not the heavy weight on the walls, I would try Hobby Lobby or Kirkland's for some great ideas.  They have replicas but they are much lighter to hang.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for checking in.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory