Decorating & Furniture/Best flooring color for large family room with all light knotty pine walls & ceilings

Question
We just redid our Wisconsin Northwoods home's family room with knotty pine walls and ceiling in a natural finish.  We have some large windows and a stone fireplace.  We need new carpeting in the room and am wondering what color or color family you would suggest.  I brought in some light samples and everything just melted together with no "wow" factor.

Answer
Hi Paula,

Stay with a neutral pallette for your carpeting.  You're not going to get your "wow" factor from carpet.

Get your wow factor from either a bold accent color (like an unexpected red or fuschia or neon green!!!)  You may even want to get it with a zebra stripe or some other animal print as a wall-hanging, or as an upholstered piece of furniture.

You'll be happier and better off in the long run to purchase a medium to light neutral shade of carpet!

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik