Decorating & Furniture/Living Room/Dining Room design

Living and Dining Room
Living and Dining Room  
I want to make my living room/dining area dramatic and elegant with good flow throughout. We painted last year with Benjamin Moore: Jamesboro Gold, Valley Forge Brown and Sepia Tan. Now  According to my photo attached, have I put the paint in the right places or does the scheme flow? I feel like it's missing that special 'punch'. I've focused on off white and metal accents and tan furniture covers (that we'll change to cream) for contrast and brightness. I thought about painting dark brown in the dining space(where the china cabinet is and on the adjacent wall). I've hung pictures and a mirror in black frames. I also have a tuscan coffee table with blue green slate tiles and have pulled that color out in one pillow and a flower pot. I added rusty red pillows to match the stripes in my dining chairs too. I will be adding lamps when we buy them. I just want to know if my paint color and decorating seems all over the place, as I don't seem to be getting the WOW I'm looking for. I love a contemporary look. if you have any suggestions I'd love to know please!

Hi Heidi,
Well in my book - you got a WOW - great job.
I think the thing you are missing are colorful accents.
You don't need a lot of them, but you need some color with all the beautiful neutrals you have going on.
Again, you get a WOW, 'cuz you are definitely on the right track.
Try throwing in some Red accents for starters.  Maybe accent pillows, a throw for the back of the furniture, some artwork with some red in it and maybe a Big tall red vase in the room.
It will still have a clean contemporary look, but will add the punch you are looking to add to the room.
Great job!
Thanks for writing,

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory