Decorating & Furniture/Living room furniture

Question
Hi, We just purchasd a condo and bought new glass tables and entetainment set...what type of accent pieces can I put on the entertainment set...it has so many spaces and Calls for something... Also I have white lamps but they do not quite fit...maybe I should try Glass Lamps...We have Antic White Walls and a Sage colored Sofa & love seat.

The Entertainment center is dark Cherry Wood and Glass and so are the end tables...Everything looks awful...Any ideas...  HELP!

Answer
Hi Cynthia,
I think with all the glass in the new tables, you should stay away from more glass in the lamps.
I would now try to accent with some black and some brushed nickel for the lamps.
The bases should be the brushed nickel or pewter color and the lamp shades should be black.  This will be stunning.  You will be amazed as to what the black shades will do for anchoring the room.
Then, you can begin to accessorize in your cabinet.  Perhaps some beautiful pottery pieces with some sage in them.  Keeping in mind to add more color. Mix in some red pieces within the cabinet too.
Then get some picture frames with the nickel or pewter frames to finish the look.
Right now it seems like everything is too light and washed out. Once you get some deeper colors into the room, I think you'll love it.
You may want to think of putting a 5'X8' rug under the coffee table in front of the couch again with some black tones and if you can, find one that has a hint of sage in it as well.
Thanks, hope this helps.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner