Decorating & Furniture/Living room with too much glass

Hi Sandy,

you pretty much answered my question concerning what type of lamps, accent piesces to use in out new condo. You susggested I try incrporating Table Lamps with Black Shades and Nickel Base and adding pieces of Art with red and back beige, etc.

It sounds Wonderful and I love your idea...just cannot really visualize "Black"Lamp Shades in my living room...I want to try something different...not sure if I am ready for Black...but am definitely thinking about trying it...My husband is "freaking Out:)...Is there another color that might work?  You are right the room is kind of washed out with Really light Beige Carpet...nice but all so very "Light".You hit the "Washed Out" part right on the head...thanks again for your help...I have been looking at Black lampshades and Art and it really sounds ...interesting... But is  there another  color that might work?  Thanks

Hi Cynthia,
I'm so glad you like the ideas I have provided.
Another option for your lamps would be black iron bases, with off white shades.  This won't be as dramatic, but will definitely work.
Before you invest a lot of money in new lamps, how about going to Target or Walmart and buying an inexpensive lamp base in the nickel color with an inexpensive black shade.
Bring it home and see how you like it.  Your husband may be surprised as to how pretty it really is.
You can always return the pieces if they really don't work out for you.
Good luck finding the perfect lamps.  Sounds like a fun quest to me.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory