Decorating & Furniture/accent wall

Question
My sister is almost 15 and getting ready to move in to the big bedroom of the house. She needs to personalize it, to make it her own. She has picked out a red comforter. So I think it would be cool to paint one wall red, the question is which one. The two long walls hold most of the furniture. The long wall that is by the entrance door, holds the bed, she has no headboard. the short wall across from the entrance has a window smack in the middle of it. The other long wall holds a long custom desk and leads into the bathroom. (where she wants to paint the whole thing red, but I am trying to talk her out of that) The other tree walls will be a darker tan color, kind of a clay color. I also want to know how to decorate the red wall, or the other walls. I would like to hang black and white art on the red wall, but not sure how to tie that into the rest of the room. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks so much!!

Answer
Hi Leslie,
I too think the red wall will look cool.  Make sure the reds are the same when finding the paint to match the comforter. There are tons of reds out there.  
I think the wall that has her bed on it would be good.  And, since she doesn't have a headboard you can make an great art collage behind the bed.
I'm not sure what other color you were thinking for the other 3 walls but perhaps a very light grey would be nice.
You can frame rather inexpensively black and white prints in frames from a craft store for a great look.
You can also add accessories such a a black lamp shade - stunning!
Good luck with your project.  Very nice of you to help your sister decorate her new room.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner